NFI

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wavemaker

NFI

Post by wavemaker »

Gooday fellow mintonions. A little explanation first. I had a friend over last weekend. He and his wife are foster carers. They had a couple of their foster kids with them and there was some talk that Bill had to put his hand in his pocket for virus removal. Being the linux lover that I am , I demonstrated Mint and PCLOS to the girls and they thought it would be pretty cool to be using something this good and be able to show off their new found knowledge. Long story short, I have attempted to put mint Isadora on one of the girls laptop. After a while of trying stuff that I have previously used I now find my self at an impasse. Started that it would boot mint and not windows and now I cant get either to work. The latest development is I got BOOTMGR is missing, press ctrl, alt, del to restart. I have had a look at results to that command on the web and one at major geeks recommends UBDC4WIN which I am currently downloading. I have installed mint and pclos on many different computers and never had any major battles. This is the first time I have attempted to do it on a lap-top The machine is a Toshiba Satellite, running Vista. Intel (R) Core (tm) 2 duo. Model no MK3252GSX, 2048 mb memory, bios version u3.20. Any help gratefully received. This kid is hanging out for her lappy so it would be really cool if I could get it back to her for the weekend.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Dracirate

Re: NFI

Post by Dracirate »

You still need help? or You fix the girls laptop?
wavemaker

Re: NFI

Post by wavemaker »

Sorry NFI, I got it going ok, but forgot to check back in. Many thanks for your response. Hey does NFI stand No Flippin Idea?

Return to “Installation & Boot”