Install on Dell Mini 9 hangs at step 3

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
boriquajake

Install on Dell Mini 9 hangs at step 3

Post by boriquajake »

I am not sure what is up. I used unetbootin to allow me to install from a USB and all seems well. The familiar install process goes normally until step 3 where you select the keyboard style, from there the process just hangs. I forgot about it and actually left it overnight and nothing changed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jourosis

Re: Install on Dell Mini 9 hangs at step 3

Post by jourosis »

This happens to me as well. Installing Mint 9 LXDE from a usb drive on to an EEE pc 901. Install hangs after pressing "forward" on step 3 for Keyboard layout. "quit" is still available, but forward and backward are greyed out. Can also type in the test box, but doesn't do anything. Looking for help here as I'd like to get Mint going.

For what it's worth, everything else I try to do on the live session works fine.
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

This is very similar, see if it helps. http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... l*#p315075
boriquajake

Post by boriquajake »

dawgdoc wrote:This is very similar, see if it helps. http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... l*#p315075
I tried following the instructions from that thread but it didn't resolve the problem. I am betting my problem is related to the disk drive somehow but I doubt the little SSD in this Dell Mini 9 was ever part of a raid. (not that I really know what I am talking about, I don't) Anyway, I really want to get Mint going on this thing. Any other ideas?

I also noticed that when I try to open GParted it tries to open, fails and then closes. Is that symptom related to this issue?

Return to “Installation & Boot”