Error at Installation - Bootloader

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Error at Installation - Bootloader

Postby Choppings on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Have been playing with the RC of Julia on my netbook ( Toshiba NB205 ) And I made a decision to install it on my hard drive today, Erasing the whole 160gb, I get through the majority of the installation no problems, but then it comes to install a bootloader and it gives me a fatal error. It then opens a window giving me the option to choose which sector i want to install the bootloader to install on, choose not to install one, or cancel the installation all together.

I choose the first option, selecting the whole hard drive, and hit continue... It does nothing.

I choose the second option... Nothing.

Third? .... NOTHING.

I'm about to shut down the netbook, and retry. but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue, and if they fixed it in a way I don't know about.

Edit: Rebooting Seemed To work. However, now to boot up it freezes often, but moves on if i hit Enter repeatedly. Then when it finally gives me the option to login, I enter my password, it goes away, and then gives me a black screen that says checking a whole bunch of things, and just sits there..
Choppings
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Installation & Boot