Quick ? about remastersys backup & passwords

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Quick ? about remastersys backup & passwords

Postby jamied_uk on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:45 am

hi i am llinux mint newby and i am multi booting as follows, from windows i installed mint so i am using pcgrub

which remastersys is asking to remove pcgrub and install grub instead will this effect my booting settings and maybe stop windows from being able to boot when i require it? or is this ok to remove pcgrub abd have it put just grub on i need to know if this is normal and it will not cause me errors also can i backup my pcgrub at all (if i need to) and how can i restore it if i need to this is so i can redist linux with the current settings and downloads i hope as long as it works this way as i want the compiz settiongs drivers everything except personal data backup up in the end so i can redistobute the disk aslo so i can use it myself as a backup in the future if i need it? any ideas would be good thanks for your time / help.
jamied_uk
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Quick ? about remastersys backup & passwords

Postby jamied_uk on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:56 am

jamied_uk wrote:hi i am llinux mint newby and i am multi booting as follows, from windows i installed mint so i am using pcgrub

which remastersys is asking to remove pcgrub and install grub instead will this effect my booting settings and maybe stop windows from being able to boot when i require it? or is this ok to remove pcgrub abd have it put just grub on i need to know if this is normal and it will not cause me errors also can i backup my pcgrub at all (if i need to) and how can i restore it if i need to this is so i can redist linux with the current settings and downloads i hope as long as it works this way as i want the compiz settiongs drivers everything except personal data backup up in the end so i can redistobute the disk aslo so i can use it myself as a backup in the future if i need it? any ideas would be good thanks for your time / help.
jamied_uk
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Quick ? about remastersys backup & passwords

Postby Oscar799 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:22 am

I moved these posts here as they would probably not be seen tacked onto the end of such an old thread.
oscar799
Forum Admin
"Don't fix it if it ain't broken,don't break it if you can't fix it" Husse
Registered Linux User #511789
Oscar799
Level 18
Level 18

Return to Installation & Boot