mint 9 installation hang on Step 3, eeepc 901

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

mint 9 installation hang on Step 3, eeepc 901

Postby jourosis on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Instead of adding to someone's thread, thought might be better to start my own with all my specs.

Trying to install mint on my EEE pc 901. Intel Atom N270, 1.6ghz proc I think. 1gb ram.

Using a Verbatim usb stick to put the live cd on. The live session works fine. I've used it with this usb drive in standard form, LXDE, and fluxbox. They all work more or less perfectly. When I go to install, I can get through steps 1-2 just fine. On the keyboard choice screen, I press forward as usual and then the install hangs with the spinning wheel thing. Happens when I try to install any of the 3 versions. I've tried with my ssd's mounted and formatted the regular way after using eeebuntu 3.0. I've tried it unmounted. I've tried formatting and then installing with ssd's mounted/unmounted. So far it always hangs. I created the stick using unetbootin on my desktop ubuntu 9.10.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

The stick can handle installers, I've put eeebuntu back on my eee using the same process, just different iso.
jourosis
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: mint 9 installation hang on Step 3, eeepc 901

Postby dawgdoc on Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:11 pm

Check this post/thread is sounds very similar and seems to have provided a solution

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54989&p=315381&hilit=hangs+install*#p315075

SYSTEM: Compaq Presario CQ62 Dual-Boot: Mint 17 Cinnamon, LMDE
READING: Smoke Screen by Dick Francis
dawgdoc
Level 9
Level 9

Re: mint 9 installation hang on Step 3, eeepc 901

Postby jourosis on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:07 pm

dd- Thanks for the link. I got misled by the 1st reply to that post and just glossed over the rest.

SOLVED- my own issue. Ended up trying it with Ubuntu's built-in USB startup disk utility. Mint 8 and Mint9 LXDE install just fine using the same stick.
jourosis
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Installation & Boot