Please help mint not working at all

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Postby winzhangout on Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:00 am

I have just gotted help with ubuntu and kubuntu to make it work, i get blackscreen when try to start it so i press Ctrl+Alt+F1 and sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf and add Option "MonitorLayout""LVDS,AUTO" and then save and in ubunto writ sudo killall gdm and sudo gdm and in kubuntu kdm instead of gdm. Then it works great but in Mint when i press Ctrl+Alt+F1 i get a screen how looks like flemmer green and blue and so on have tested and dl mint 2.1 and burned it from several places all get same result when i press it i get the screen how flimmer with all kinds of colors that you dont see anything on, more then me how get this prob, would be really happy if someone could help me.
winzhangout
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby nick on Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:47 pm

Hi
Maybe a shot in the dark, but have you
installed the 3d driver. Can you type "sudo envy"
My screen was set to the wrong refresh rate until I installed the Nvidia Driver,
giving green horizontal bars.
Could you post the specification of your system please?
Have you tried "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg"
Regards - Nick
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Postby winzhangout on Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:51 pm

weird **** at the boot screen i disabled splash and when the mint has started as useally with black screen i pressed Ctrl+Alt+F12 and Ctrl+Alt+F8 and then Ctrl+Alt+F1 and whoops then edited xorg.conf and added Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS,AUTO" under the Device ati line, and then sudo killall gdm then sudo gdm, and then i was in =) installed it yesterday very happy with the result now i only have to enable the wireless in it, and it seems very hard. Someone gave me this adress https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Device/Broadcom_BCM4311_rev_01_%28ndiswrapper%29?action=show hope uit solve hopefully last prob
winzhangout
Level 1
Level 1

Postby clem on Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:43 pm

make sure to check mintWifi. There's a link in your default home page in firefox.
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Return to Installation & Boot