HELP! INSTALLING: Linux Mint 9 "Isadora" Gnome CD64-bit

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mentat

HELP! INSTALLING: Linux Mint 9 "Isadora" Gnome CD64-bit

Post by mentat »

im trying to install linuxmint-9-gnome-cd-amd64.iso, but i get there following

error.-- loading isolinux: disk error 01, ax=4205, drive ef

I checked the MD% its good, i burned the live cd at a slower speed, i used the PENDRIVE stuff and still get the same error. My drives are good. Im not sure whats going on here. HELP!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: HELP! INSTALLING: Linux Mint 9 "Isadora" Gnome CD64-bit

Post by tdockery97 »

I did some googling, and it seems that others have gotten that error if the disk was burned on a different computer. Also suggested was using a different software to burn the disk. I have found that K3b is the best to use. If you used Brasero, it is known for making coasters. If you used Windows to burn it, try Imgburn, it works well.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
mentat

Re: HELP! INSTALLING: Linux Mint 9 "Isadora" Gnome CD64-bit

Post by mentat »

Yes, using a diff burner worked! thanks for the help. No i need to find out how to get the installer to recon my serial ATA hard drive. it doesnt want to install. It gets to a certain point then backs out, its like it cant write to the drive even tho its mounted and formated. ill post more in a bit

Return to “Installation & Boot”