WiFi Issue MacBook Core 2 Duo

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

WiFi Issue MacBook Core 2 Duo

Postby reagentz on Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:04 pm

Okay, call me lame, stupid, or whatever. I'm sick of corp software companies bleeding me for my hard earned cash. Sick of Microsoft and Macintosh charging 100+ bucks for their bugged OS (Macintosh is a whole lot better than Microsoft, but regardless).

I'm installing LinuxMint 3.1 (from the advice of a new online friend in Linux community), on a MacBook (white) 1.8ghz Core 2 Duo, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM. During initial boot I received a message "**warning: Ipv6 block or black listed** something to that effect. I do believe that is my built in WiFi card. I had an issue with Debian 2.6.18-5-amd64 not loading it, even after ndiswrapper and trying to get madwifi to make it work. Reason I switched to LinuxMint I was told it configures everything during install very well.

Is this a propritary hardware issue or something? I think I remember reading where someone used "fwcutter" with a bwc45xx (or something to that effect) to make it work.

Any input or advice on this would be awesome, thanks!
reagentz
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby friedtofu on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:16 am

well, how are you getting online now?

anyways, disregard "ipv6" being blacklisted - a while back people were saying to disable it so that the internet would run faster - and now its disabled by mint.

tahdah.

yeah. just ignore it
friedtofu
Level 2
Level 2

Postby reagentz on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:23 am

well, cool I'll ignore it.

I'm dealing with a GRUB problem now, it's hanging at the Loading GRUB please wait... something 1.5 part of the boot.

I'm booting back up with the LinuxMint Live CD again, see if I can fix it... read something on the GRUB site it was a unknown issue and there's a "fix"

:roll:
reagentz
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Installation & Boot