Can't install without connection

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kaber43

Can't install without connection

Post by kaber43 »

While installing Julia from the DVD it says I have wireless connection but unable to find the server , no pages come up
So I not able to install the operating system for when it comes to check for language pack it just jams up, is there any to install without connection ?
Would appreciate a few ideas. Am not using windows wireless drivers.
kaber43
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
inktitan

Re: Can't install without connection

Post by inktitan »

As far as I know you can install it in English right from the disc with no connection necessary. If you need another language you can switch after install...I think. But if Mint is insistent on a connection you can try using an Ethernet cable. Also make sure it is not a smudge or something on the disc that happens to coincide with the languages section of the installation. You can also do a new download of the .iso image just to eliminate that from the equation.
estiko

Post by estiko »

I have never experienced a problem with the installation without connection. Some of my laptop, I installed linux mint 10 with no connection, but I use it all remains smooth. Is not only the language pack that must be downloaded during installation?
kaber43

Post by kaber43 »

Thanks for the replies, no something very strange is going on and I doubt that it is the missing connection. It jams up at the screen after the password while it is copying files. I downloaded 2 isos a cd and a Dvd which I duly burn and tried same result.
I swapped the dvd writer no joy, my next move is a different HD and disconnect all other drives, will get back to you after that is done.
PS The first dvd was a purchased one.
kaber43

Re: Can't install without connection Solved

Post by kaber43 »

Solved it was the video card, did away with it and it installed but could not get the wifi to work, not to worry went to Ethernet to get on line.
Many thanks for your help.
kaber43
inktitan

Post by inktitan »

Glad some of your problems were solved. What kind of wifi device are you using? PCI card or usb?

Return to “Installation & Boot”