btrfs check at boot

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
freezby

btrfs check at boot

Post by freezby »

Hi everybody :)

I have a problem with my root parition. At boot, the system try to run fsck.btrfs but it obviously doesn't find it since the correct tool name is btrfsck. So, how can I change the name of the tool in order to launch the good one, or at least how can I disable it because it increase my boot time ?
I tought about a little script called fsck.btrfs which launch btrfsck but is there any proper solution ?

Thanks for answers.

PS : Sorry if i made english mistakes, I'm french ^^

Bye.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Re: btrfs check at boot

Post by willie42 »

try opening a Terminal and entering this

Code: Select all

sudo shutdown -r -F now
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
starkreiten

Re: btrfs check at boot

Post by starkreiten »

freezby,

I am brand new to Mint, but have been playing with BTRFS for awhile. BTRFSK is currently (v0.19) only for off-line use and it will not actually fix anything yet. IIRC the BTRFS wiki says DO NOT use it on a mounted file system. Heavy development continues, yada yada yada....

So, it is probably a good thing that is doesn't run. I am not sure how you are booting from BTRFS, but if it is otherwise working except for the btrfs.fsck issue I might try making a btrfs.fsck bash that essentially does nothing just so that the system won't hang.

Dana

Return to “Installation & Boot”