error snaptic unpacking

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
degarb

error snaptic unpacking

Post by degarb »

First, let me say I am new. I have had trouble entering forum. Has it been down in last 24?

I am trying to upgrade wubi, but it cannot unpack 'Unpacking replacement python-minimal'.

I tried repair packages, recovery mode install -f . On terminal now . I did all on https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s ... tion/87929 but no luck extracting python.

Grub has fatal flaw, per my other thread that could kill my machine and windows xp. So, I refuse to do a full install unless I have a grub2 live cd, separate from the live cd. That is dedicated to removing grub. I don't see "uninstall linux" in install menu, which make me think no thought has gone into this.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
unexistance

Re: error snaptic unpacking

Post by unexistance »

Hi,

It's a bit hard to understand your problem.

You installing mint using wubi? upgrading should just be the same way

Regards,
degarb

Post by degarb »

mint4win and wubi have this problem. Yet to successfully get grub2 to do its job and install so install will boot.

doing anything in snaptic. After it downloads any package, it tries to do a python-minimal replacement extraction. At this point it hangs forever. In my experience with windows, setups will fail if the windows temporary directory is set up in a folder or drive that does not exist. No verbal warning, you just need to be smart enough to guess the problem, and fix it. Problem is that I know little about the linux file system because it make little sense to me, despite reading about it since 1999 in hundred page manuals. The windows os file system took all of 30 seconds to understand. (fstab, etc, drive being mounted in folder, confused!)
unexistance

Post by unexistance »

Hi,

Can you try updating via CLI (sudo apt-get update)?

The filesystem arrangement are some of the difference between Windows & Linux (both have it's advantage & weakness)

Regards,

Return to “Installation & Boot”