Mint9KDE install issue

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Steven Lake

Mint9KDE install issue

Post by Steven Lake »

Ok, first off I want to say that I've had absolutely no problems installing Mint9KDE up to this point. So far I've successfully, and without issue, installed it on our two laptops here. However, as soon as I try running it on any of our desktops, it either dies part way through loading, or gives the error "Can't find live file system". Interestingly enough, there is only a minor similarity between the two desktop systems. I even tried test booting it in Virtual Box 2.1.4, and got the same lockup issues.

System specs between the two physical desktops are as follows (this is going off memory, as I can't crack the cases right now to get exact parts):
AMD XP3000
1gb of memory
Nvidia 6200
Asus motherboard

I can't remember much else, but that's the basics. Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
spandey

Re: Mint9KDE install issue

Post by spandey »

How about Live CD's/DVD's of MintKde, do they work?
Steven Lake

Post by Steven Lake »

That's what I've been using. Well, I've been using Mint9KDE DVD's. I know that Mint will install on the system, as I have Mint5KDE installed on it right now, but we're hitting the end of the LTS period, so I need to upgrade it in the next couple of months to Mint9KDE. Now if there's a livecd version of this instead of the livedvd, I'm game for trying that too, but I didn't see anything like that.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

There is no CD version of KDE9. I have a screwed DVD Rom on my laptop and can not load from DVD on it. If I want to put KDE on my laptop I have to use a thumb drive
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
Steven Lake

Post by Steven Lake »

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I know PenDriveLinux has a way to put Mint onto thumb drive and boot it up. But I can't remember if it allows you to install from there as well and get a writable system rather than just a live one (ie, ala live cd style).
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

I have installed it from a pen drive before so that does work.....I at one point asked the question if the DVD can be split into 2 cd volumes but no one ever responded back so that told me no....lol
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
Steven Lake

Post by Steven Lake »

Well, building the pen drive install should hopefully solve my issue. Let me give it a spin and see what happens.
Steven Lake

Post by Steven Lake »

Well, good news. I got a successful boot off the pen drive. It took bloody forever, but it booted. Since I'm out of time tonight, I'll give the install a spin tomorrow and see if it goes through. If it does, we're in business. :D
Steven Lake

Post by Steven Lake »

SUCCESS! The system is now fully installed, and I'm right now running all the upgrades. :D Thanks for the help!

Return to “Installation & Boot”