The Live CD doesn't work ! (LinuxMint10)

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
EricRG
Level 1
Level 1

The Live CD doesn't work ! (LinuxMint10)

Post by EricRG »

Hello,

When I boot on the Live CD (with LinuxMint 10) on a computer, it doesn't work. I have this message :

(process 262): GLib-Warning **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to unknown user id(0)

This CD works fine on another computers.
I don't know what to to !!!

thanks for your help
:? :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: The Live CD doesn't work ! (LinuxMint10)

Post by viking777 »

I don't know a cure for this error message, but it is reported elsewhere, so your case is not unique, it is thought to be due to certain cd/dvd drives not reading the disk correctly.

The workround is to use Unetbootin http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/ to write the iso file to a USB key and then boot from that instead. This will allow you to look at Mint and install it if you wish.

If your computer is too old to support booting from USB then you need to get the plop boot loader http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager.html which will allow any computer to boot from USB. Install plop onto a cd then boot with the cd in your cd drive and the mint usb key in a usb slot. Your computer will boot from the cd into a boot menu which will allow you to choose the usb key as the next boot medium. You will then have access to Mint.
EricRG
Level 1
Level 1

Re: The Live CD doesn't work ! (LinuxMint10)

Post by EricRG »

Thanks you very much, :D

I'm going to try with an external CD Drive on the USB port.

Return to “Installation & Boot”