Linux Mint+Windows 7+JoliCloud

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sps

Linux Mint+Windows 7+JoliCloud

Post by sps »

Hi all,

Question: How do I go about triple booting these? My guess is start with Windows 7, install JoliCloud second and then finish off with Linux Mint.

Explanation:
I'm looking to upgrade my computer to Windows 7 (because I can't find all the drivers for XP or get them to work). I'm currently dual booting Linux Mint and XP and using Linux Mint 75% of the time (I am still not happy with any of the iTunes replacements for Linux. I want to LISTEN to my music, not constantly fiddle with it.) I want to play around with Jolicloud and I think it might work well on my rather not so up-to-date laptop.

thoughts/suggestions/advice?

thanks,

sps
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lauren

Re: Linux Mint+Windows 7+JoliCloud

Post by lauren »

Hi sps!
Since several years I have triple (and more) boot; last year I was testing JoliCloud - discarded. You should find out, if Jolicloud comes with Grub legacy or Grub 1.97 or higher.
I made many installations as follows: Windows pre-installed, then Linux1 (e.g. Ubuntu, Mint, Sabayon with Grub 1.97 or higher into the MBR), afterwards Linux2 (with Grub in the PBR = root partiton); a

Code: Select all

sudo update-grub

on Terminal Linux1 normally (maybe a problem: PCLinuxOS) will find Linux2 and after rebooting the Grub Menu allows you to choose one of the 3 systems.
sps

Post by sps »

Lauren -- thank you so much! Admittedly, however, I am a bit of a Linux newbie so some of that seemed over my head. How do I find out about GRUM for Jolicloud?
lauren

Post by lauren »

Hi!
Grub, not Grum.
I suppose it is Grub 1.97 or higher - but Grub legacy would not be a problem.
You should search, e.g. with Goggle. Jolicloud + Grub.
Doing this I found this link: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... it-837668/
and there are others.

Return to “Installation & Boot”