Installation will not proceed past "who are you" step

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jarpee

Post by Jarpee »

Noob here, I have never used any other OS other than windows and I recently decided to branch out, learn more about computers in general, and use Linux. So I chose to try Mint. I want to dual boot Windows 7 and Mint. I downloaded the iso, burned it to a dvd, partitioned my drive correctly, and did all the other steps according to advice on this forum and by searching Google. However when I get to the "who are you" step, the forward button is grayed out and if I hit the expand arrow next to the "ready when you are" message, in the dialogue box the message "unable to enumerate usb device port 2" over and over again. I have spent several hourse searching the web and forums for a solution but I cannot seem to find one. I would really appreciate some help.
I have a Sony Vaio 500Gb HD, 4Gb RAM, i3 processor

Please Help!!!!
Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hemimaniac

Re: Installation will not proceed past "who are you" step

Post by hemimaniac »

Well in the "who are you phase" the biggest mistake we have seen during an install is Capitals where they shouldnt be.

If you name is Mint User

the login name and comp name NEED to be

mint

mint user

no capital letters can be in these 2 fields
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Just remembered this happened to me too. I just started over, and didn't have the issue the second time around. I don't know why. And I don't know what I might have done different. It was just strange.

Cheers.
Jarpee

Post by Jarpee »

It worked with no caps.

Thanks!!!
hemimaniac

Post by hemimaniac »

Please change you topic to [Solved]

Return to “Installation & Boot”