Install w/o language packs? solved

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
enchance
Level 3
Level 3

Install w/o language packs? solved

Post by enchance »

Can I install Daryna without any of the language packs? I only need one, which is english. Downloading the packs takes up quite a long time and may take up extra space.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

If you choose english as language no extra language pack is needed as english is the default
If you want to be really sure keep an eye on the install "meter" and when it approaches about 82 % it's time to download language packs. If that happens (which should not be the case) just click Skip that appears at that time
enchance
Level 3
Level 3

Re:

Post by enchance »

Husse wrote:If you choose english as language no extra language pack is needed as english is the default
If you want to be really sure keep an eye on the install "meter" and when it approaches about 82 % it's time to download language packs. If that happens (which should not be the case) just click Skip that appears at that time
Really, you can skip it? Where can I see that? Can you give me a screenshot (if you have time)? Downloading those language packs really extend the install process.
Husse

Re: Install w/o language packs?

Post by Husse »

To get a screenshot I'd have to install...
As you know (?) there's a little box with a "meter" for progress and you can read things like "installing gnome" flashing by.
When it comes to "installing language packs" a button labeled Skip appears. Pushing it skips language packs, but nothing else. They can be downloaded and installed later if you wish.
It's the only "Skip button" so there's not much room for error
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Re:

Post by antiquexray »

Husse wrote:...keep an eye on the install "meter" and when it approaches about 82%...just click Skip that appears at that time
That's what I do.
enchance
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Install w/o language packs?

Post by enchance »

I gotta look out for that. Then again I probably wasn't watching the installation. Thanks.

Return to “Installation & Boot”