Can't Find Install Button

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Can't Find Install Button

Postby sticknam50392 on Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:38 pm

Hello.
This is my first time trying Linux, and I downloaded and burned a live CD to install Linux Mint on my desktop.
My monitor's 15" at 1024 x 768, but whenever I try to use the live CD it runs at 800 x 600 (I think somewhere around there).
So 2 questions.

1. I was using this site as a reference since it supplied images: http://www.howtoforge.com/desktop-insta ... 4.0-daryna
However, the bottom part of the install box gets cut off and I can't see it. :/
I managed to choose a language by double-clicking on English, but I can't get past choosing a location because I can't push "Forward" because it gets cut off above that. I've tried dragging and resizing the box, but neither of those allows me to push (or even see) the "Forward" button.
No idea what to do, and no friends that run Linux to ask. :(

2. This doesn't really have to do with installation...but is there any way I can change the resolution to 1024 x 768 for my desktop (and/or 1280 x 800 for my laptop)?

Thanks in advance. :D

- sticknam50392
New Linux user

PS. I borrowed my friend's Ubuntu 7.04 and 7.10 CDs, and experienced the same problem with Ubuntu as well.
sticknam50392
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Can't Find Install Button

Postby nick on Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:50 am

Hi

Not sure what what you mean, but if the window is too big for the screen, you can hold down the ALT button and use your mouse to move the window so part of it is "off the screen" just put mouse anywhere on window and drag.
That should give you access to button

Hope that helps

Nick
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Installation & Boot