How do I install using command line???

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
coraje

How do I install using command line???

Post by coraje »

The computer I'm installing is from way-back (can't post specs at this time.)
Basically during the loading it well stallls on the Logo booting up (I'll post pictures later if needed)
I checked the specifications and it's past the minimum and even boarderlines the reocommended.
I believe it's because of how old the hardware is. So I was wondering what is the commands needed to install it directly from the disk, without starting up the GUI and once it's installed to switch from commandline to the GUI. Right now Ubuntu was installed but even that's well ifey. I'd rather use mint because I Like it more and when I compared em mints requirements fit better and its interface is better imo compared to ubuntus. PS: USB boot doesn't work.

I'm also willing to take any help if can't do it via this method.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JasonLG

Re: How do I install using command line???

Post by JasonLG »

coraje wrote:The computer I'm installing is from way-back (can't post specs at this time.)
Basically during the loading it well stallls on the Logo booting up (I'll post pictures later if needed)
I checked the specifications and it's past the minimum and even boarderlines the reocommended.
I believe it's because of how old the hardware is. So I was wondering what is the commands needed to install it directly from the disk, without starting up the GUI and once it's installed to switch from commandline to the GUI. Right now Ubuntu was installed but even that's well ifey. I'd rather use mint because I Like it more and when I compared em mints requirements fit better and its interface is better imo compared to ubuntus. PS: USB boot doesn't work.

Mint doesn't have a CLI installer. If Ubuntu doesn't run very I wouldn't expect Mint to do much better. I would recommend Debian LXDE or CrunchBang.
coraje

Post by coraje »

JasonLG wrote:
coraje wrote:The computer I'm installing is from way-back (can't post specs at this time.)

Mint doesn't have a CLI installer. If Ubuntu doesn't run very I wouldn't expect Mint to do much better. I would recommend Debian LXDE or CrunchBang.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp3jda591M4

FIGURED IT OUT!! lol I've been working on this computer since last week the last part was installing mint. I Read in the Manuel I think it was that LInux mint boots significantly slower on a dvd disc.So I took the harddrive outta the computer and attached it to my better computer (I Use that 1 4 gaming so it's where most of my money went) and booted via USB And installed it that way. Then I Just plugged it back into the older computer. Works fine. Thanks 4 ur help and thanks for letting me know about the CLI not being in it. Saved me time for searching for it. an admin can lock this thread if he or she wishes.
Arenalgarden

Post by Arenalgarden »

Both of you.
Please post in your native language and I'll Google translate and attempt to help. :shock: :mrgreen: :roll: :roll: :roll:
JasonLG

Post by JasonLG »

Arenalgarden wrote:Both of you.
Please post in your native language and I'll Google translate and attempt to help. :shock: :mrgreen: :roll: :roll: :roll:
What are talking about English is my native language, I can't speak for the OP.

Return to “Installation & Boot”