Disk Boot Failure

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Disk Boot Failure

Postby jhouse59 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:55 am

This morning I had to do a hard restart. When my computer restarted. I got this error message "Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter". It's Celena that I've got installed. Is there a way to repair this with the live cd?
jhouse59
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Disk Boot Failure

Postby 67GTA on Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:46 pm

Either your hard drive is dying, or the BIOS is not detecting your hard drive. Check your Bios boot settings. You might try running a live cd also. You can usually hit escape while booting and see any error messages. You might get some relevant errors that way if your hardware is FOOBAR.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Disk Boot Failure

Postby jhouse59 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:09 pm

67GTA wrote:Either your hard drive is dying, or the BIOS is not detecting your hard drive. Check your Bios boot settings. You might try running a live cd also. You can usually hit escape while booting and see any error messages. You might get some relevant errors that way if your hardware is FOOBAR.

I've got it to boot now. I found my Celena live cd. When I restarted with that. I choose boot from hard drive. It started working. Thanks.
jhouse59
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Installation & Boot