Problem Booting new LMDE Installation

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zach99

Problem Booting new LMDE Installation

Post by Zach99 »

I am trying to install LMDE onto my Acer AspireOne netbook. I had Mint 10 working on it with no problems before. When I try to boot after installing LMDE from a USB drive, GRUB loads and I get the "WElcome to GRUB!" message with a blinking cursor underneath. Nothing happens. When I try to boot into LMDE through the USB drive using the "Boot from Local HDD" option, things seem to move smoothly until I get a message that says:

Code: Select all

Begin: Running /scripts/init-bottom ... mount: mounting /dev on /root/dev failed: No such file or directory
done.
mount: mounting /sys on /root/sys failed: No such file or directory
mount: mounting /proc on /root/proc failed: No such file or directory
Target filesystem doesn't have requested /sbin/init.
No init found.  Try passing init= bootarg.
Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this is glaringly obvious and this sounds noobish. I've only been one of the Linux faithful for about a year.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Problem Booting new LMDE Installation

Post by The-Wizard »

I had problems trying to upload with a thumb drive to this [my asus G5 aspire one] searching forums scouring problem pages on this and other sites i came to the conclusion my thumb drive was not of sufficient quality [the cheaper ones often give trouble although great for storage] so i got a cheap usb cd/dvdrw and it loaded without a hitch

wizard

Return to “Installation & Boot”