no splash screen [solved]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chejose2

no splash screen [solved]

Post by chejose2 »

I am putting the final touches on an installation of Mint 11. Have been able to figure out most things but there is one problem pending.

I downloaded 3 copies of the Mint 11 CD/DVD and all three had the same four errors. I did the installation anyway, and it went well.

BUT, one of the errors that i can remember is there was no splash screen file. And sure enough, When I start up I get a few colored lines and nothing else until the desktop screen appears.

So... is there a way to recover the splash screen?

Thanks, José
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
changke
Level 1
Level 1

Re: no splash screen

Post by changke »

Have you read the "What's New" page carefully? :-)

The splash screen is removed intentionally:
Plymouth boot screen: Plymouth loads late in what is now a very fast boot sequence. It also fails to support most video drivers in high resolution. In Linux Mint 11, the entire boot sequence is black. You no longer see a logo or loading dots. This makes the boot sequence more coherent and gives the operating system a more professional look.
So it's not a bug, but a feature. :-p
chejose2

Re: no splash screen

Post by chejose2 »

OK, thanks. Though as I mentioned I get a lovely series of many colored lines before the black. Too bad.

But thanks anyway :)

José

Return to “Installation & Boot”