Can I do apt-get dist-upgrade from LM 9?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chris_debian

Can I do apt-get dist-upgrade from LM 9?

Post by chris_debian »

Hi, all!

Because of issues with X and running the installer on newer versions of LM, I am currently stuck with LM v9 (Isadora). This doesn't bother me too much, as it's the LTS version of Ubuntu.

I've logged a bug regarding the X issues, and by the time the LTS release reaches end of life (2013, I think), I should have an LCD monitor, instead of my Sun GDM-5410 21" beauty! This should resolve the X issue.

Anyway, getting to the point.....in the old days, I used to update Debian releases using the

Code: Select all

apt-get dist-upgrade
option. Does anyone know whether I can get around my X upgrade problems, by using this method of updating? I know I'd have to upgrade to 10, but at least I'd be slightly more up-to-date.

Many thanks,

Chris.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Can I do apt-get dist-upgrade from LM 9?

Post by Aging Technogeek »

"apt-get dist-upgrade" works in Mint. I don't know if it will get around your X upgrade problem, but it should not hurt (too much) to try it.

Return to “Installation & Boot”