booting dvd or cd problems

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
superdavemac

booting dvd or cd problems

Post by superdavemac »

I had an ibm mtm 8189-y25 266 processor, 1275 of ram. I have tried two dvds and cds to boot to linuxmint kayla 11 I have the same problem , they boot but when I click on the menu you can't get anything to appear if I take my mouse move it back and forward you can can see it for a second. I have to use ctrl,alt delete to shut down. I checked all the dvds and the cd and the mds sum check out. I downloaded a new 10 dvd just to see if if it is something that I did wrong but it works good. Is there anything else I could try, this machine worked well with linux mint. Thanks Dave
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JimmyMutant

Re: booting dvd or cd problems

Post by JimmyMutant »

sounds more like a graphics problem, what graphics card are you using? can you right click the panel? if so maybe changing from mint menu to the original gnome version may get it workable. to do so right click the panel and then add to panel :D
superdavemac

Re: booting dvd or cd problems

Post by superdavemac »

I am using an intrel(r865 G graphic card

Return to “Installation & Boot”