Mint 11 through USB with HP wireless keyboard

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
slikwill

Mint 11 through USB with HP wireless keyboard

Post by slikwill »

I have a Pendrive with Mint 11 that has the boot options functioning properly when booted into a laptop, but cannot use the enter key to select the boot when on my HP Pavilion which has a USB wireless keyboard and mouse.
Also have a Mint 10 on a USB external drive that will boot because the GRUB does a countdown before booting to the first option in the list. The down arrow is not responsive nor the Enter key. Once the Mint 10 boots the wireless keyboard works perfectly.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
breaker

Re: Mint 11 through USB with HP wireless keyboard

Post by breaker »

At boot your BIOS needs to provide the keyboard driver, therefore you may need to adjust a legacy usb keyboard setting in your BIOS (or something similar), or use a PS2 keyboard if your motherboard has a port for one. A non-wireless usb keyboard may also work.
slikwill

Re: Mint 11 through USB with HP wireless keyboard

Post by slikwill »

None of the BIOS options were successful. Will try a wired keyboard if I can find one. Thanks for helping.

Return to “Installation & Boot”