Boot Live CD- Black Screen Bug

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sofamensch

Boot Live CD- Black Screen Bug

Post by sofamensch »

I have experienced this problem, and I was also seeing other people having a similiar problem on this forum/on the web.

This happens:
When you turn on and boot from Minty DVD, you get a short Loading (.....) and then a Black Screen, while the CD Drive is working. This keeps on for as long as you are willing to wait.

Solution:
This bug is related to the Bios-USB. After turning it off in my bios, i could boot just fine.

This bug is only strange because all the other Linux Distros (Ubuntu all versions) don't have this problem. Also i dont have a non-usb keyboard so i rather wait for a bugfix :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Boot Live CD- Black Screen Bug

Post by Pierre »

Where I've seen this - is on a dual boot win / nix start-up.
couldn't select win - as the default was nix - the top most line - on the menu.
Solution was to use a PS2 keyboard to select & then the usb/wireless keyboard was fine to use. :?
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
mansynet

Post by mansynet »

In fact, linux mint 12 have the same problem with me

how can I disable bios-usb??
dwr

Post by dwr »

Same here. I've Ubuntu 11.04 installed from a dvd, openSuse installed from DVD, but Mint 12 stops with a black screen and the dvd spinning...
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Does the Esc key toggle you to the text mode?
dwr

Post by dwr »

Pressing ESC-key does not change a thing. No key does. Screen stays black.... And I was so looking forward to trying Mint...

Return to “Installation & Boot”