[SOLVED] How to make a custom Install CD?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sweq

[SOLVED] How to make a custom Install CD?

Post by sweq »

Hi folks,

I'm trying to make a custom install CD from Mint 10 (Mint 11 has some issues with some of my softwares XD).

I almost followed all the step from this tip : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Insta ... tomization
except for the part to add extra package and software. For the first run, I was only trying to set the default language and the default keyboard to test it. Hopefully, I just did that, that wasn't working at all...

When they say to change the isolinux.cfg :
LABEL firewall
menu label ^Firewall installation
kernel /install/vmlinuz
append preseed/file=/cdrom/preseed/firewall.seed debian-installer/locale=en_NZ console-setup/layoutcode=us initrd=/install/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=16384 root=/dev/ram rw quiet --
There is a little problem, the original CD of Mint doesn't containt any folder named "install". From what I understand, the install is IN the live cd or what? If that so, then how we can modify this?

My point is I want to make a custom CD that has all the package and software I want, so I can distribute it to my colleagues without having to borrow their computer to install all their softwares. I want them to only have to put the CD, run it, put their name and password and then wait the installation to complete, then they can use their computer without having to do anything...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sweq
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: How to make a custom Install CD?

Post by remoulder »

This question has been asked before, please search the forums
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
sweq

Re: How to make a custom Install CD?

Post by sweq »

Remastersys can do the job, unmlike what I thought at first, it's not only doing backup, but it can make a custom distribution.

Return to “Installation & Boot”