USB Install Fails

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
seat183

USB Install Fails

Post by seat183 »

Hello all.

I have an Aspire One Netbook that I am trying to install Linux Mint 11 DVD onto the USB via Unetbootin or PenDriveLinux. The slash screen comes up after I boot from the USB however I try to install and commands run and in the end it stops saying directories can not be found.

All the commands then stop then a box comes up and says run 'help' for a list of commands, does anyone have any ideas how I can install this on my netbook SD. It was working fine but the last corrupted and several programs did not work.

I also tried installing Ubuntu and the same happened it says several directories never got found.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
usbtux

Re: USB Install Fails

Post by usbtux »

Several issues...
bad write as you cant control the write speed like you can with a cd/dvd. Some usb sticks are very slow even though they are usb2 My Kingston have a read of 25mb/sec and write of 15mb/sec my Bytestor are 19/9 and are described as fast!
Some sticks just don't play well with this type of use. Occasional your computer wont like a particular stick, fickle things pc's.
Try using a different stick.

In windows format the usb stick as fat 32 before using Unetbootin or PenDriveLinux
Make sure you verify the iso image or re-download.
Have the iso and Unetbootin or PenDriveLinux in the same directory.
Make the usb on the same machine as you want to install onto. Don't know why this sometimes works it just does.

Return to “Installation & Boot”