LiveCD install freezes on language

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

LiveCD install freezes on language

Postby taliosfalcon on Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:46 am

I'm trying to install from the livecd, when it first logs in a message pops up saying another instance of mintupdate is already running, and this session doesn't have the authority to terminate it , and to start it manually if I need it. Now this isn't a problem since I don't need mintupdate on the livecd, however when i click install on step 1, the language/region selection when I select english and hit next/forward it just hangs there, the debconf-communicate process starts using about 50% of my processor and ubiquity uses about 1-2% however i've left it sitting like that for over 2 hours and it didn't advance to the next step. Anyone have any suggestions?

Specs-
C2D e6400
8800GT
2 Gigs RAM
taliosfalcon
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: LiveCD install freezes on language

Postby Husse on Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:46 am

I thought you had problems later on. As we only have english on the CD other languages are downloaded and as you know internet can be rather frustrating at times. In this case the advice is to install english and change language once you're installed.
There has been problems at the screen where you select language, but this has more or less disappeared.
I think you may have a faulty CD
Did you check the md5sum and burn at a slow speed?
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby taliosfalcon on Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:34 pm

Husse wrote:I thought you had problems later on. As we only have english on the CD other languages are downloaded and as you know internet can be rather frustrating at times. In this case the advice is to install english and change language once you're installed.
There has been problems at the screen where you select language, but this has more or less disappeared.
I think you may have a faulty CD
Did you check the md5sum and burn at a slow speed?

I've checked the CD and even burned it again, no luck. In case my first post wasn't clear i'm actually trying to install english, but it just hangs.
taliosfalcon
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Husse on Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:55 pm

I've seen this in earlier versions (even experienced it myself) but I think this is the first for Daryna
What if you don't make any selection, because english and us keyboard are default
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Installation & Boot