LMDE on Intel icore(solved)

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sloto

LMDE on Intel icore(solved)

Post by sloto »

I have no luck getting LMDE to install on an Asus Intel icore mother board.
sata was set to ide mode (bios)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: LMDE on Intel icore

Post by xenopeek »

Hi, what is this "Asus Intel icore"? Do you mean an Asus motherboard with an Intel Core i3, Intel Core i5 or Intel Core i7 processor? Perhaps you can give the exact model number of the Asus motherboard? Perhaps there are some issues with a specific model, but in general I would expect them to work.

I run LMDE and LM11 without any issues on Intel Core i5 processor, but on an ASRock motherboard.
sloto

Post by sloto »

Thank you Vince. I have an Intel i3 on an Asus mother board that has Mint 10 running fine. If you got the LMDE working on an Asrock i5, My i3 Asus should work no doubt. Maybe I will try burning a new copy of LMDE. I would have tried that already if I had not successfully installed to a dual Pentium setup with this disk.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

A respin of the LMDE iso is coming soon, that might be good time for reinstall if you can wait. Read all about it http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1791
sloto

Post by sloto »

Thanks again Vince, I have that site , will check it out.

Return to “Installation & Boot”