Strange boot up issue

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
z06gal

Strange boot up issue

Post by z06gal »

I am running Mint 11 32bit and this issue started yesterday after some updates. There were 4 updates and they were all related to firefox. When I either reboot or power my laptop up, everything boots up totally normal and just before my desktop comes up there is a loud popping noise that sounds like it is coming from my speakers. I have not heard it do this before. I had installed 3 themes I found on softpedia and I uninstalled them to see if that helped and it does not. The laptop is running fine with no issues. Audio is fine. Anyone have any clue as to what this is? It just does it one time and then the desktop comes up. Thanks :wink:

Robin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
z06gal

Re: Strange boot up issue

Post by z06gal »

z06gal wrote:I am running Mint 11 32bit and this issue started yesterday after some updates. There were 4 updates and they were all related to firefox. When I either reboot or power my laptop up, everything boots up totally normal and just before my desktop comes up there is a loud popping noise that sounds like it is coming from my speakers. I have not heard it do this before. I had installed 3 themes I found on softpedia and I uninstalled them to see if that helped and it does not. The laptop is running fine with no issues. Audio is fine. Anyone have any clue as to what this is? It just does it one time and then the desktop comes up. Thanks :wink:

Robin

I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling alsa.

Return to “Installation & Boot”