Install help

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
paroxysm

Install help

Post by paroxysm »

On boot, after the auto count down, the screen goes completely black and the top left corner says Loading with a blinking cursor, but never goes anywhere.

1U rack system by Super Micro
x2 1.8 Ghz xeon processors
512 mb ram
onboard graphics VGA
x2 250GB HDDs
USB m/k
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Install help

Post by richyrich »

Have you tried Compatibility Mode ? . . when it is counting down the seconds, hit the spacebar, and choose it from the new menu.
paroxysm

Post by paroxysm »

Keyboard input is unresponsive in that moment.

However prior to that screen keyboard is responsive I.E I can get to the bios screen menu and so on.

Edit: I also had a similar problem with debian, and thought it was a hardware issue and instead just installed FreeBSD. (With debian, it would load to the menu selection screen, but would be frozen, or not allow any input.) However, with the linux Mint rave, I wanted to give it a try. And am running into similar issues.

I am beating my head against the wall, as it seems some OSes will install and others won't. I cannot seem to pin point a specific problem.

I've had Ubuntu 10.10 install fine, FreeBSD 8.2, Windows Server 08, and some others install fine.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Are you, by any chance, using a kvm switch ?
paroxysm

Post by paroxysm »

No, I am not.

Just a basic, 1U Rack mount server with the above mentioned specs. Nothing out of the ordinary. I cannot comprehend this either.

Return to “Installation & Boot”