no internet connection

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

no internet connection

Postby Guest on Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:16 am

note: i am runninglinux mint 4.0, as of this moment. the thing is, i installed it, a 6 gig partition for "/", and a sperate 30+ gig partition for "/media/data" for all my media files. about a half hour before i nstalled i, i was running ubuntu gutsy and i had an internet connection. but, as soon as i booted into my new linux mint installation - no internet.

i had the exact same connection settings as i did with my ubuntu, and the computer i'm on right now (beside my main comp) obviously has internet. i tried setting it to roaming mode, dhcp, and a static ip (i have a router, a lynksys something or other), none of which were able to provide me with a connection. it could be my router, but it also could be just a simple setting i have o change somewhere. and ideas?

it could be something as simple as a bad downloaded .iso and not installing some sort of internet component or something, i dont know. btw, i love the first impression i go from linuxmint on first boo. very nice indeed.

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: no internet connection

Postby Guest on Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:52 am

ok so i removed my router by plugin my computer's ethernet line right into the modem and selected dhcp (which i am working from as of now). hopefully, if i try it again through the router, i'll have some sort of sucess. this sort of thing has hapened before with some games i've played; had to establish a "jumpstart" connection without router before i try it with the router.
long live linux mint

Return to Installation & Boot