Mint 11 installation hangs every time

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
johnalexrob

Mint 11 installation hangs every time

Post by johnalexrob »

I just bought a new Acer aspire. My old computer had mint 9 on it and it ran without problems. So, wanting to get rid of Windows as soon as I could, I decided to go with mint again. The install cd booted fine the first time and ran well until I began the install. I plugged the computer in, and it beeped and the system hung. When I rebooted, I connected to my router and began the install, but again it hung without a beep this time. After that, it has continually hung after connecting to the Internet. Also, ubuntu maverick could not recognize my network card. Thinking it was a problem with the network, I tried installing without being connected. I got as far as configuring the hardware before it hung. I tried to tail the syslog to find the problem, but it never said anything about something going. What could be the problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mint 11 installation hangs every time

Post by xenopeek »

During boot, you first get a short countdown timer that says it will automatically boot in N seconds. Press a key to interrupt this, and select the second entry in the menu (compatibility mode), and press enter. Give that a try.
johnalexrob

Post by johnalexrob »

Ok, I got ubuntu working and installed that. Then I started having problems after I tried to compile my own kernel. I tried to do a reinstall of mint 11 with the compatibility mode, but it still hangs after starting X. Both OSes give me read errors on bootup, so I think something is also wrong with my internal HD, but I do no believe the it is preventing mint from booting.
kesavachandran

Post by kesavachandran »

hi,
Below please find a problem like yours and my reply.unfortunately there was no further word to either confirm if solution offered worked or not.No news is good news.It has worked for me many times and will do in your case too.Please try and good luck.
Kesava

Instalation problem mint ubinquity[4625]: Step_before = step
Questions about Grub, the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this
Post a reply
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

* Report this post

Instalation problem mint ubinquity[4625]: Step_before = step

Postby an1s1 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:53 am
Sorry for my English? I am Russian.

I almost 30 minutes :( watching on
"mint ubinquity[4625]: Step_before = stepUserInfo" message
What is this?

Please, tell something.

an1s1
Level 1
Level 1

* Private message

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

* Edit post
* Delete post
* Report this post

Re: Instalation problem mint ubinquity[4625]: Step_before =

Postby kesavachandran on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:30 pm
Hi,
I shall try to help.I think you were trying MINT INSTALL when you got error message Installer Crashed due to failure of UBIQUITY, then you were waiting for a long time,nothing happens,OK.Before you try Mint INSTALL do this(1) Go to Synaptic
Pkg Manager, OK (2) Install DEBIAN INSTALLER also pkgs with similar name.(3) Next do MINT Install it will be
KHARASHO I think OK in Russian I am Indian

kesavachandran
Level 1
Level 1

* Private message

Post a reply
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Installation & Boot
Jump to: