installation problem error code 5.

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
viksdh

installation problem error code 5.

Post by viksdh »

today i try to install linux mint 11 gnome. Everything was running fine in installation suddenly a message appear saying input output device error. It says that either hard disk or CD/DVD is not working. That is definitely CD/DVD. My CD/DVD is not working since 3 months. What should i do to install linux mint 11. I have installed many other Linux distros(now they are removed) on my computer no one give this error except this linux mint(even linux mint debian and lxde edition work fine).
Is there any thing like mint4win.exe to install Linux mint alongside windows. that was in linux mint 10 i did not found such thing in mint 11.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: installation problem error code 5.

Post by xenopeek »

mint4win should be on the 32-bits DVD image of Linux Mint 11 (GNOME). It is not available on the 64-bits or CD versions.

If your CD/DVD is not working, why not remove it, unplug it, or disable it in the BIOS so it doesn't interfere?
viksdh

Re: installation problem error code 5.

Post by viksdh »

xenopeek wrote:mint4win should be on the 32-bits DVD image of Linux Mint 11 (GNOME). It is not available on the 64-bits or CD versions.

If your CD/DVD is not working, why not remove it, unplug it, or disable it in the BIOS so it doesn't interfere?
does it require to do something like changing setting of computer(except BIOS) to remove CD/DVD. If your answer is no you just need to change BIOS boot device priority setting. then i will
(1) open CPU cache.
(2) remove power and other cables from CD/DVD.
(4) on next boot open BIOS and put hard disk in top in boot device priority.
Am i correct if i am wrong somewhere then please tell me.
I am using DVD version that's why there is no mint4win.exe like thing.
thanks for your valuable reply.

Return to “Installation & Boot”