Mint DVD will not boot on Mac

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eyedrinkvenom

Mint DVD will not boot on Mac

Post by eyedrinkvenom »

Hi

I downloaded Mint yesterday and am at a loss for how to install. I verified the checksum, burned the ISO to DVD, installed refit, but the disc never boots.

I tried selecting the disc from refit and the Linux icon showed up in the middle of the screen but it never loaded, I let it sit for at least 20 minutes.

I then tried holding down C while the computer started up. This started to work, I saw a black screen, some text at the top said Linux.... but then the screen went black and it never loaded.

I have an 8-core Intel Mac Pro (early 2008 model). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and could use some advice.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mint DVD will not boot on Mac

Post by xenopeek »

From the Ubuntu documentation, it seems for older Mac Pro's you need a special version of their CD/DVD. This is not available on Linux Mint. But perhaps the Ubuntu guide has other pointers that can help you: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacPro

Return to “Installation & Boot”