Input not supported after installing Mint 11

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kc2000

Input not supported after installing Mint 11

Post by kc2000 »

Installed mint 11 on my desktop pc using live cd I Played around with live cd first and liked it, so decided to install it. After installing it, It will no boot,
Always get "Input not supported" and it stays there. Any ideas on how to get past this. I did do a search and nothing came up
BTW installed mint on my old acer aspire 3003..Wow, it brought it back to life. Its runnings better than ever..
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Input not supported after installing Mint 11

Post by richyrich »

Do you have anything connected to your pc other than the normal monitor, keyboard and mouse?
kc2000

Post by kc2000 »

No ,just KB,mouse and monitor.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Next time you boot and run the live disk, run the following terminal command, and copy/paste the output back here. It's hard to troubleshoot without knowing your hardware and installation information.

Code: Select all

inxi -Fx
Suggestion: check your systemboard manufacturer's support website for any BIOS upgrades for your specific model and version, and if any are available, follow their instructions for upgrading the system BIOS.
kc2000

Post by kc2000 »

Thanks for your replys RR.

I gave up on it. Tryed this program <Rescatux 0.29 released> with no luck with mint but it restored my windows MBR and now PC boots correctly in winxp.
Like i said previously. I'm satisfied with m int on my latop and its running great.
I'm gonna test mint or another linux ver. later when i can find more time.

Thanks again.

Return to “Installation & Boot”