Password request after booting up

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Naki_Mum

Password request after booting up

Post by Naki_Mum »

I just installed LinuxMint 11 on Virtualbox. Can't dualboot on computer as it's not mine alone - family computer.
Anyway, after installing on VB and booting up again I got a request for a password. But I haven't gone through the process of entering username or password.
Any suggestions?
:?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
odo5435

Re: Password request after booting up

Post by odo5435 »

Linux Mint doesn't come with any pre-installed passwords. Have you tried just hitting the 'Enter' key. It sometimes works for me where I'm pretty sure I haven't input a password.
soryk

Post by soryk »

I'm having the same problem. The first boot after installed LinuxMint is asking me for a login and password when i haven't even registered yet. confused?
Naki_Mum

Post by Naki_Mum »

Hi there
I've tried a combination of passwords inclu mint, linux, password, admin.
I've also uninstalled and re-downloaded, burnt onto a disc and re-installed - still the same.
I also didn't download from any funny sites (which I know does happen).
I'm stumped.
I don't feel like Ubuntu now, Mint is the next in line for me, so will wait patiently for an answer.
It's not a major issue yet as most of my work on Mint will involve video editing anyway and that can honestly wait a week or two :mrgreen:
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

Naki_Mum

Post by Naki_Mum »

Txs for that, but I didn't even get a chance to get the chance to install Mint. This happens right after booting up in VirtualBox.

Return to “Installation & Boot”