I can't boot into Mint 11

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
johndepere

I can't boot into Mint 11

Post by johndepere »

Hello, I am new to Linux and have just installed "Linux mint 11"(from an iso cd) to my second hdd, and am dual booting with Windows XP on the first hdd. After the install I changed the boot os default setting from Linux to Windows, now when my computer boots it starts Windows automatically and gives my no option to boot the Mint 11 os. Could someone explain how to reset this? or what I need to do to change it back. Thanks in advance for any help given. John
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Arcosanti

Re: I can't boot into Mint 11

Post by Arcosanti »

Try rebooting off of the disc and and select recovery mode. Then select the grub reinstall option. it should reinstall the grub boot loader. When you boot up, Grub will show you a menu for you to select which OS to run.
johndepere

Post by johndepere »

Thanks for your reply, Do you mean boot off the Linux mint iso cd? if so I do not see an option for recovery mode.
sagirfahmid3

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

Keep pressing shift when the computer is booting. This should take you to the Grub menu and you can choose Mint, change the settings, and restart.

Return to “Installation & Boot”