KDE - CD version? Upgrade from Gnome?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
leaston.h

KDE - CD version? Upgrade from Gnome?

Post by leaston.h »

Hi,

I have only just discovered Linux Mint and am very impressed with it so far, although there is one little spanner in the works for me.

A desktop PC I want to install the KDE version on has only a CD drive. For a number of reasons, I don't want/can't add a DVD drive at the moment. So, I have a copy of Linux Mint 4 with Gnome. If I install KDE from the repo's in this version, will it be as bad as the Ubuntu version? What I mean is, will it look as unfinished as KDE via Ubuntu does or do I really need to install the dedicated version of Mint for KDE? I hope you know what I'm on about :D

If that's the case, is there any CD version to download for the KDE version or any way around this please?

Thank you kindly,
Leaston
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Re: KDE - CD version? Upgrade from Gnome?

Post by belovedmonster »

Once KDE is officially released there will be a CD version as well as a DVD I think.
leaston.h

Re: KDE - CD version? Upgrade from Gnome?

Post by leaston.h »

Ahh. That would be great, thank you for the reply. I'll continue playing with the Gnome version for now and look forward to KDE on CD.

Thank you kindly,
Leaston.h

Return to “Installation & Boot”