Stops During Installation

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gerard1

Stops During Installation

Post by gerard1 »

A good day,

I am installing LinuxMint 10 by unetbootin-windows-563 (USB Stick)
It startup nice, I connect the network and starts the installation.
But at the menu Who Are You, the problems begins.
It copy's files and than tells me: Ready when you are. (it stops)
I can't go forward. It Hangs.
Done this 3x.
Any suggestions.

Gr.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Stops During Installation

Post by remoulder »

Your description is insufficient, you need to provide more information about the problem such as exactly what is on the screen, where you are trying to install to and what is already there.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
ksnair

Re: Stops During Installation

Post by ksnair »

hi
I was having the same problem during installation.
My configuration:
ASUS EEEPC 1000HE
RAM: 1GB
Display 10", 1024 x 600
Installing from: DVD on USB DVD Drive
Installing to: 8GB USB Pen Drive

As gerard1 noted, it would stop at the "Who Are You" window. I tried clicking my picture (!), tried using one of the many login pictures, but nothing worked.

Solutions:
Attached a separate monitor and allowed only the display on the monitor. Increase the resolution to at least 1024x768. I was then able to SEE the "CONTINUE" button and click on it.

2. I then tried again on the netbook (without external monitor). This time I did NOT SEE the "CONTINUE" button. However, after selecting an image (I clicked my own pic with the built-in camera), I clicked the mouse inside the area where the other images are displayed. I DID NOT select any picture. Then I hit the "ENTER" key and voila, it took the keystroke and went ahead.

Hope this helps any one else who has this problem. Is this a Graphics issue with lower display resolution?

regards

Return to “Installation & Boot”