Install Won't go past the 5th Step

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Install Won't go past the 5th Step

Postby CodyZ on Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:27 pm

I freed up some space on my Compaq Presario 2232us laptop, it's got a 40gig HD of which I've got about 13 gigs free and I'm trying to install mint 2.1 in my free space and run a dual boot until I can completely get rid of windows. However, when I get to the 5th step of the install, the repartitioning step, I select repartition the drive and I move the slider to create a new 10gb partition. When I hit the next button to go to step 6, the mouse pointer turns into an hourglass and nothing happens. The system isn't unresponsive, I can open other windows and such, just the installation wizard is busy. The weird thing is neither the cd drive nor the HD are spinning while this is happening. I checked the MD5 before I burned the ISO so I'm fairly certain I have a good burn. What can I do? Should I be using a different option like "use largest continuous free space" instead of the repartition hda1?

Thanks!
CodyZ
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby clem on Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Codyz,

Bianca beta 014 was released today, I can only recommend to give it a try. Ubuntu has been working at improving Ubiquity (the installer) between our releases of Bea and Bianca (I know that cause it broke some of my stuff.. :)) and there's a possibility they might have made your problem disappear.

Clem
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Return to Installation & Boot