Text too big after install

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
IMOC

Text too big after install

Post by IMOC »

I have just installed Daryna on a Packard Bell easynote laptop. The install was very quick with no problems. When I boot up I am greeted with the login screen as expected. However when I type into the username field the characters are huge, though this isn't a problem as I can type a username and password even if I can't read them.

Once logged in however I am greeted with what I believe is the mintAssistant, except the test is huge and only 10 or so characters of the "The assistant will ask you a few questions" message fits on the screen and I am unable to proceed further.

So what can I do to shrink the text down to a manageable size?

Thanks,
Chris
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
IMOC

Re: Text too big after install

Post by IMOC »

Just a quick post to say this problem solved itself.

On the first boot the text was too large and I could not see the mintAssistant to answer the questions to answer, so I powered the computer down.

On the second boot the text was still too large on the login screen, but after loging in there was no mintAssistant, so no problem. The 'restricted drivers manager' then installed a new display driver.

On the third reboot (and subsequent reboots) the new new display driver is in place and the problem has completely gone away.

So apart from not being able to answer the mintAssistant questions on the first boot, there was no problem. The machine is now up and running great and I'm really pleased with it. It runs so much faster than with the original pre-installed Vista and Linux Mint was exceptionally quick to set-up to my liking.

Thanks,
Chris

Return to “Installation & Boot”