[SOLVED]Can't make mint to start

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dpolancom

[SOLVED]Can't make mint to start

Post by dpolancom »

Hi, I'm pretty newbie in the Linux world
Two weeks ago I succesfully installed Ubuntu on my PC (64 bits btw), and now I tried to install mint. I Created another partition and the process started, however it got stuck in the configuring booting part. 8 hours later with no response I restarted the PC and now it was stuck in the grub... I already fix the grub, however it shows 1 ubuntu option and 5 identical mint start up options! and none of them works!!! it keeps saying something about the kernel...

Plz help me to fix this or how to properly install mint (I tried a couple of times again and it is the same result... stuck in the configuring booting part)

Remember I'm a newbie plz, thx in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
HughT

Re: Can't make mint to start

Post by HughT »

It's probably best to put the live CD in again and boot from that. Then use gParted to see what you have. It's not clear whether you have 5 partitions with Mint, or just 5 references in Grub. Can you repeat the details of what it says about the kernel? That would help!
dpolancom

Post by dpolancom »

I got 5 references and this is the error message i got when trying to boot with mint>
Error: cannot read the linux header
Error: you need to load the kernel first
dpolancom

Post by dpolancom »

Ok, I still don't know why I have 5 mint references, however I managed to finish the installation and it is working. I had to fix and update the Grub, then when i installed the mint I deleted the partition, created it again and didnt mark the "install grub" thing. restart in ubuntu, update the grub and now mint is working perfectly
HughT

Post by HughT »

Great! If you are happy that this problem is now solved, don't forget to edit the subject [SOLVED] !

Return to “Installation & Boot”