whats the password on bianca mini cd?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

whats the password on bianca mini cd?

Postby shotttgun on Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:39 am

When I am booted on the mini cd and I close my screen it activates the lock out. Then I try to guess the password. Leaving blank does not work, mint, linuxmint, Clem, Clementine, none of these work. I have to reboot. I tried to change my password but I need the password to do so.
I have ran a search on the forum but can't find a post containing the password. I also looked in the help section of mint, but no such luck. I have seen someone else ask for the password in the past but there was no answer at that time.
So can someone please give me the password?
Last edited by shotttgun on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
shotttgun
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: whats the password on bianca mini cd?

Postby Husse on Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:44 pm

??
The mini CD edition has not been released yet...
Do you mean the Light edition?
Is this using the live CD? It seems so...
There is no password used on the live CD so if you are asked for a password I think the CD is corrupt
Have you checked the md5sum of the ISO and burned slowly?
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby shotttgun on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:05 am

Thanks for the reply.
I'm using Bianca KDE version 3.5.6 release 2.6.17-10 generic and booting from a live CD.
Everything works correctly. I havn't found any programs that don't work. Well, of course wireless does not work but what is new.
When I go to system and do anything requiring an admin mode I just hit administrator at the bottem and I'm admin.
I did notice under user that I am logged on as user 999.
But when I go to screen black mode and am prompted for a password nothing works. I tried blank, mint, clem, clemintine, linux, linuxmint, all the obvious passwords.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the burn and I did burn at the lowest speed.
I think the iso was burned with the screen blank passworded. Maybe Clem does not want us to have that password because it is personal.
Any other ideas?
shotttgun
Level 1
Level 1

Postby newW2 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:59 am

See this post:
viewtopic.php?f=140&t=8250&p=51565&hilit=Livecd+Password#p51565
[for Daryna Debian edition it is "live" ... might be the same]
newW2
Level 6
Level 6

Postby shotttgun on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:30 am

That will be usefull info if I decide to run from a usb stick. I was already thinking doing that.
I did find that the only power save feature on the disk is on or off.
He did say in the post that he copied the files to a usb disk and copying tmp to tmp locks out x as the user.
I know when the cd is booting it copies alot of stuff to memory so maybe the idea you were trying to give me is that since this runs from memory and files are copied there that x is locked out as the user?
When I try to change the password though, it ask me for the current password. So I'm back at my originaly question. What is the password?
The power saving feature gives me no options to change thus I cannot change the option to password lock the computer from on to off. I'll try turning off the power save feature and see if it stops it from locking out.
I'll get back and update the post if it is a work around.
shotttgun
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Installation & Boot