Burg Bootloader Display Issues

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zukaro Travon

Burg Bootloader Display Issues

Post by Zukaro Travon »

I have an Acer Aspire One ZG5 running Linux Mint 12 and I put the burg bootloader on.
The resolution is wrong as my netbook has a 1024x600 display and the highest burg will go to is 800x600, so things appear stretched and ugly. I was wondering if there's a way to fix this (pressing F3 brings up the available resolutions to choose from, and 1024x600 isn't listed; is there a way to add it and have it work properly)?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karashata

Re: Burg Bootloader Display Issues

Post by karashata »

I'm not sure if there's much you can do about it, I don't know how GRUB or BURG determine the available resolutions for a given display, but I do believe that, currently at least, widescreen resolutions just aren't available. I'm in a similar situation (my laptop's resolution is 1366x768, but only 1024x768 is available so everything's a little stretched, doesn't look too bad though...). Hopefully someone might be better able to explain the situation and maybe some day the GRUB devs can work in widescreen native resolution support (which should then filter down to BURG as BURG is based on GRUB).

I may look into it some myself if I have more time, I would be interested to know what's up with that...
Zukaro Travon

Re: Burg Bootloader Display Issues

Post by Zukaro Travon »

K; thanks.

Return to “Installation & Boot”