Partition partnering solved

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Partition partnering solved

Postby rcdeacon on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:37 am

I hosed up my system yesterday. It all started when I installed "wine-doors". What I wound up doing was doing a fresh install but I used the "guided" way and shrunk my initial install in order to save all my stuff. (I sure there was a better way but I'm not proficient at this yet) Now I have 53g of formatted (ext3) space BEFORE my new fresh install of mint. What I would like to do is either merge or perhaps delete the 53g partition and resize the partition that holds my fresh install. There are four partions. 1. sda 1 (53g) which is empty, 2. sde 2 which seems to contain two swap partitions sda 5, sda6, 3. sda 3 which is the fresh mint install. Maybe I am better off doing another fresh install with a complete takeover but I do not want to lose my home partition. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I have solved the problem. What I did was to boot from the live cd. Then I used gparted to edit partition table and delete the 53g partition. Once that was done I did a resize of the fresh install partition (35g). I just booted for the first time after the rsize and all is well.
Neither is there in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12.
Dell Dimension 4600, 1g, Nvidia 5500, Mint 4.0, Mepis 7.0, XP
Acer Aspire 5002 WLMi, 1g, Sis 760, Mint 4.0
rcdeacon
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Installation & Boot