Dual Boot Grub Command

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tlcmd

Dual Boot Grub Command

Post by tlcmd »

I know this isn't a "new" question, but I'd appreciate some help. I'm setting up a computer for an 11th grader and have first installed Windows XP SP3, then did a routine install of Mint 12 (my 1st 12 install). I'd like to expose him to the advantages of Mint before he's a hopeless Windows user.

The screen giving the choice of booting to Mint 12 or Windows has disappeared and the computer now only directly boots into Mint 12. There used to be a simple terminal command or series of commands to tell grub to offer this choice. Could someone help me out here, please?

Thanks,
Dick
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Dual Boot Grub Command

Post by richyrich »

Code: Select all

sudo update-grub
tlcmd

Post by tlcmd »

Thanks for the response. I had already tried that, but FYI, the problem was in my monitor?? it kept sending the message that the screen resolution was wrong which covered up the index window. BTW, the monitor is probably psychotic.

Thanks again,
Dick
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Glad you were able to resolve it. :) Just found this, haven't tried it myself, but sure looks interesting for the multi-boot crowd.

GruBoot: Boot Any Other Installed OS From Your Desktop On Ubuntu

Return to “Installation & Boot”