Error message while booting Daryna cd. Can't install or run

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Error message while booting Daryna cd. Can't install or run

Postby jonluc1 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:11 pm

I am trying to install Daryna but get this error message after selecting either regular boot or safe mode. It never starts the install or runs from the cd.

[63.648827] PCI: Failed to allocate mem resource #6:20000@e0000000 for 0000:01:00.0

Any ideas? This is a new MPC TransPort T2500.
jonluc1
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Error message while booting Daryna cd. Can't install or run

Postby Fred on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:57 pm

jonluc1,

There could be a couple of problems possible here.

1. Did you burn the cd slow and check the md5 sum on this computer? If the answer is no to the slow burn then I would reburn the cd, slow this time. The md5 sum should verify on the laptop to confirm its usability.

2. The MPC TransPort T2500 is very Windows centric. I would suggest that you go to the Puppy linux community site and download and burn "Puppy shard 3.01" linux iso. It isn't a big download, for a linux distro, 155MB. Again, burn it slow and check the md5 sum on the laptop. If the laptop won't boot that iso and run, I predict a long, bumpy road in getting a linux system working right on your new laptop.

Probably not what you want to hear but better to know now before you bang your head against a wall. lol

Good luck, :-)

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Return to Installation & Boot