Because of a problem with misaligning of an extended partition decribed here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=89212 , I decided to reformat and reinstall from restore my Mint12.
This is my hdd configuration, Mint 12 is on sda6 ext4, preinstalled Win7 Starter on sda3:
I intend to do the following:
1. Install remastersys and perform backup of Mint12 to iso file (already done).
2. Boot from live usb and delete whole extended partition sda4 (shared partition sda5 ntfs 380 gb is already empty, no need to backup).
3. Boot from Win7 Starter and make 1 extended partition from there (because of aligning).
4. Boot from live usb again and create into newly extended partition ntfs sda5 again (300 gb), sda6 ext4 50gb for to_be_restored_mint12, sda7 ext4 80 gb for to_be_installed_mint12kde, sda8 swap.
5. Boot from live usb again and from Disk utility check if warning align messages are gone.
6. If ok...Restore (install) my old Mint12 from usb iso (created in step 1) into sda6 again.
7. Boot into Mint 12, customize grub entries with Grub customizer.
8. When final is out, install Mint 12 KDE into sda7.
9. Boot into Mint 12, customize grub entries with Grub customizer.
Do you think this plan will work?