No mouse with live CD linuxmint-12-gnome-dvd-64bit

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jeannot40

No mouse with live CD linuxmint-12-gnome-dvd-64bit

Post by Jeannot40 »

Hello

I have built a new PC. The parts are :
CPU Intel Core i7 2700K (3.5 GHz)
Motherboard Asus P8P67 (Rev. B3)
RAM Kit Dual Channel DDR3 SNIPER, 4 x 4 Go, PC3-12800, CAS 9
Video card PNY GeForce GTX 570 1280 MB
Disk SSD Samsung Serie 830, 256 Go, SATA III
Hard disks 2x Samsung SpinPoint F3 (HD103SJ) 1 To SATA 3Gb/s

I tried to boot with the live CD to partition the disks, before to install seven and linux-mint

Normal boot doesn't work; I have booted in compatibility mode with appended at the command line "nomodeset acpi=off"

I have the desk screen; but I haven't no mouse, no cursor. If I close the session, I have the cursor at the center of the screen but it doesn't move.

Sorry for my bad english I'm french.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
revdjenk

Re: No mouse with live CD linuxmint-12-gnome-dvd-64bit

Post by revdjenk »

Jeannot40

Your English is fine, you would not want my French!!

I am sorry you are having trouble installing Mint. First, I am confused. You downloaded the gnome dvd 64 bit version, correct? Are you using a cd or dvd? I ask that because you say you are trying to boot from a live cd. (This may only reflect the terminology, and you may, in fact be using a dvd! Just checking.)
Have you checked the md5sum to see if you had a good copy? Have you tried the live cd on other computers? You may wish to try the USB method of installing Mint. I find it faster, and the dvd, the USB is reusable!

God Bless
Doug
Jeannot40

Re: No mouse with live CD linuxmint-12-gnome-dvd-64bit

Post by Jeannot40 »

Thank you for your answer

I verified the md5 sum and integrality of the DVD. And I have the last week already installed a workstation with this dvd without anykind problems. Exactly the same mouse but graphic card and motherboard are different: ASUS GeForce ENGT440/D and P8P67 M-Pro rev B3

I have solved my issue with plug my mouse on usb. With the PS/2 port it doesn't work. Strange that the compatibility is better with usb than PS/2.

Return to “Installation & Boot”